Bowling is a sport that requires precision, strategy, and a good deal of skill. In this pursuit, even the smallest details can make a significant difference, and one of those details is the bowling towel. This towel may seem like a minor accessory, but it plays a crucial role in helping you maintain the condition of your bowling ball and ensuring a consistent grip.
In this article, we will delve into the world of bowling towels and provide insights into some popular brands such as Storm and Hammer. We will also explore the difference between a bowling towel and a shammy, and offer guidance on choosing the best bowling towel for your game.
Want to skip ahead to a particular section?
Types of Bowling Towels
Bowling towels come in various types, each with its unique characteristics and purposes:
- These are the most common types of bowling towels, made of absorbent terry cloth. They are versatile and can be used for cleaning your ball and your hands.
- Microfiber towels are known for their exceptional absorbency and are suitable for cleaning oil and dirt off your ball efficiently.
- Storm Bowling Towels are specifically designed for bowlers and come in various sizes and materials to cater to different preferences.
- Hammer Bowling Towels are crafted for high-performance use, featuring materials that help remove oil from the ball surface effectively.
Storm Bowling Towel
Storm Bowling Towels are among the most popular choices for serious bowlers. They offer several advantages.
Materials and Sizes
Storm offers a range of materials, including microfiber and cotton, and various sizes, ensuring you can find the perfect towel for your needs.
Towels are designed to absorb oil, sweat, and debris, maintaining a clean and dry ball surface.
Durable and Easy to Maintain
They are built to last and can withstand regular washing without losing their effectiveness.
Many bowlers praise Storm Bowling Towels for their durability and performance. They appreciate the brand’s commitment to producing quality products.
Hammer Bowling Towel
Hammer Bowling Towels are another excellent choice. Here’s what they have to offer.
Hammer Bowling Towels are engineered with innovative materials that effectively remove oil from your bowling ball, keeping it in prime condition.
The design of Hammer Bowling Towels is aimed at maximum functionality, making them a valuable addition to your bowling gear.
Compared with Storm Towel
When comparing Hammer to Storm Bowling Towels, you’ll notice differences in materials, design, and price. It’s essential to choose the one that aligns with your specific needs and budget.
Bowling Towel vs. Shammy
It’s important to distinguish between bowling towel vs shammy:
- Bowling towels are typically made of terry cloth or microfiber, designed for drying your hands and cleaning your ball’s surface. They offer versatility and can be used for various purposes during your game.
- Bowling shammies are made of a synthetic material designed solely for cleaning your ball. They provide high absorbency, quickly removing oil from the ball.
The choice between a towel and a shammy depends on your personal preferences and playing style. If you need a multi-purpose tool, a towel might be the better option. A shammy is the way to go if you want a dedicated cleaning tool.
How to Choose the Best Bowling Towel
Selecting the best bowling towel for your game involves considering several factors:
- Size. Choose a towel size that you find comfortable and practical. Smaller towels are more portable, while larger towels provide more surface area for cleaning.
- Material. Determine whether you prefer terry cloth, microfibers, or specialized materials like those used in Storm and Hammer Bowling Towels. Consider their absorbency and durability.
- Absorbency. The primary purpose of a bowling towel is to absorb moisture and oil. Look for a towel with high absorbency to keep your ball clean and dry.
- Brand and Reviews. Consider reputable brands like Storm and Hammer, and read reviews from other bowlers to learn from their experiences.
Reviews and Recommendations
Here are some of the best bowling towels available on the market as of the writing of this article.
Storm Reacta Wipe
A popular choice among bowlers, it offers a combination of high-quality materials and efficient cleaning.
Hammer Tough Scrub
Known for its durability and ability to remove oil effectively, it’s favored by many competitive bowlers.
Brunswick Royal Shine Towel
This microfiber towel is known for its gentle touch on the ball’s surface while still providing excellent cleaning capabilities.
It’s essential to consider the unique features and user reviews when making your selection.
In conclusion, choosing the right bowling towel can have a significant impact on your game’s performance. Whether you opt for a standard terry cloth towel or a specialized product from Storm or Hammer, the key is to keep your equipment in top shape.
Understanding the difference between a bowling towel and a shammy, and considering factors like size, material, and absorbency, will help you make an informed choice.